Las Vegas Tragedy


I know the Las Vegas shooting had a lot of us pretty shook, even though we weren’t there to witness it, I know we all felt kind of affected by it. Again to remind you all of the incident, a 64 year old  Stephen Paddock, was the cause of a mass shooting which killed 59 people and left 500 people dead. This took place on October 1st at around 10 pm at a country music festival.

I can only imagine how the witnesses, people injured and the family and friends of those who were involved are feeling and what they are going through. This incident is said to have been noted as one of the deadliest mass shootings in America. Prior to the shooting investigators try and figure out whether there were any leads up until this shooting and what they found was rather disturbing.

Stephen Paddock apparently was staying at the Mandalay Bay hotel and he checked in with 10 bags alone. Within these 10 bags were 23 firearms and explosives after detectives and policemen found where Paddock was staying they found him dead in his room. My question and I am sure everyone else just wants to know why he committed such a crime?

I just find it sickening how people get the strength to end so many innocent lives by shooting them and then kill themselves after the damage has been done. Sources were able to get an interview from the murderers’ brother and he says that his brother never had a criminal background or even showed signs of going on a killing spree. The moral of this story would be that you never know what a killer looks like and it makes it that much scarier to live in such a world.
Park, M., & Yan, H. (2017, October 04). Las Vegas shooting: Gunman fired for 9 to 11 minutes. Retrieved October 04, 2017, from http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/us/las-vegas-shooting-investigation/index.html

Comments

  1. I agree with you because I felt affected by the shooting because it could've been anyone of us at the concert that got harmed. It really saddens me that you can't go out to enjoy yourself now of days because you have to worry about about someone shooting. On the news I heard that he was plotting on a lollapalooza concert and that's one of the concerts my friends and I were about to go to over the summer. I feel like if you're checking in more than two bags at an hotel it should be a policy to search bags because it's getting out of hand. overall, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is saddening to still be at a lose as to why he committed such an act of terror. It is also saddening to know that each time there is a shooting, it becomes the next deadliest one. I pray that our government figures out a way to stop this epidemic in our country so we know long have to hear and witness "the deadliest mass shooting to date". I am glad that we are still talking about this issue and I hope it continues in order for it to stop someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with what you are saying. A lot of mass murderers show no signs of them having any mental illnesses or thoughts, and that is one of the scariest parts. It is very sad and tragic to hear about situations such as this one where the person who committed it is not even alive to give reasoning as to why they did it, or explain the thoughts they went through while plotting for it. Mass shootings occur to often in America today and that is why it is so important to talk and reach out to people because you never know what they can be thinking or going through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you and your post. I cannot imagine how the individuals and families affected feel. This happening puts a lot of things in perspective because it just makes me feel like nothing is safe to do anymore. In a previous conversation I had, I learned that the shooter was planning to attend a chance the rapper concert but the hotel he wanted to stay at was all booked. This just hits close to home because if I lived in Las Vegas I would probably have been at that concert. I think that during these times it is important to educate ourselves and also be there for individuals that go through these tragic situations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This shooting took the lives of so many and affected people all over. It was so saddening to hear about. I also agree with the surprise factor here, I don't think anyone here expected the suspect to be a man of his age. You never know what people are capable of and that in its self is frightening. This is just another prime example of why we need to crack down on our gun laws, to prevent things like this from happening. why are we able to carry so many weapons, did he own a gun shop. these are the things I just don't understand. what does this mean for the future check in procedures. will Vegas have to do bag checks before check in, I may not be opposed to that. This is just something that is so saddening and upsetting that it makes me question what are we doing to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This event was very chilling. And like everyone else said, this could have happened anywhere. Any one of us could have been there or known someone who was there. It's just really upsetting because it shouldn't have happened. No one should have access to that many firearms. Especially a regular joe like that. There are things that can be done and no one is doing them. Makes me want to move to a different country before I start a family because it's getting out of hand. I'd already said I wouldn't raise my black sons in Chicago. But now it's looking like the U.S. all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tragedy broke my heart. I'll never understand how a country with so much intelligence can have things like this happen. I hate to sound cold but maybe the United States needs to focus more on the tragedies that happen here rather than other countries. I rarely see things on the news about local shootings because they are becoming too common. That shouldn't be what we have become accustomed to as a nation and its sickening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment